We are recruiting for a Financial Controller for the Ragley Estate
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to manage and develop the finances of an expansive landed estate in Warwickshire. The organisation has a varied portfolio of businesses, spanning the hospitality and tourism, farming, residential and commercial property and retail sectors.
The organisation is managed by a team from Savills PLC, which is headed up by the on-site Estate Director. The Financial Controller will lead a finance team of two, and report into the Estate Director.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Managing the finance function, including the monthly reporting process across all businesses.
• Preparation of the budgets and cash-flow forecasts for each entity.
• Delivering timely and accurate monthly reports and analysis to the Estate’s Director and Board of Directors.
• Full preparation of year-end accounts, co-ordinating the process with the external accountants, and presenting the final accounts to the Board of Directors and Stakeholders.
• Liaising with banking professionals and financial, taxation and legal advisors.
• Updating the accounting systems to further increase automation, and integration with the property monitoring platform.
• ACA qualified accountant.
• Strong technical skills, excellent attention to detail and experience of preparing year-end accounts to very high standards.
• Analytical, commercial and highly numerate with the ability to analyse and report meaningfully on management accounts and business prospects.
• Ambitious and motivated. Possess the appetite and ability to master the complexities of the organisation.
• Whilst experience with trust structures, partnerships and sole traders (as well as companies) is welcomed, it is more important that the individual is willing to better understand these entities and their latest legal and tax positions.
Our Working Approach
The Financial Controller will primarily operate from Ragley Hall. There is the potential to work from home for part of the week, once established within the role.
A competitive salary and benefits package (including private healthcare, life assurance, pension and 23 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays) commensurate with experience will be offered.#
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information call 01789 762090.